PDA

View Full Version : Hey ya'll, I'm new to this

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CysterMary
Wed, Nov-02-05, 15:49
Hello, I found this site and I love the way ya'll support one another and try to help find answers to things that sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who asks those questions. I have been battling Polycystic Ovary Syndrome for the last twenty years and gained a lot of weight on low fat diets because they are just finding out in the last few years that I am insulin resistant It takes me forever to lose an ounce because of it but I am working it. I gained ten pounds during Hurrincane Katrina... those MREs are full of extra carbohydrates for the soldiers but they were poison for me. We didn't have electricity for three weeks and they were all we had to eat. I finally ditched those ten pounds and am on my way to get the rest of this weight off so I can go have breast reduction surgery in : April. I look forward to having company for a change.

4beans4me
Wed, Nov-02-05, 15:49
Welcome to the forums and best of luck! :wave:

galatia
Wed, Nov-02-05, 17:33
I gained ten pounds during Hurrincane Katrina... those MREs are full of extra carbohydrates for the soldiers but they were poison for me. We didn't have electricity for three weeks and they were all we had to eat.

We were also without power for 3 weeks thanks to Katrina. Those MREs are sure good.....but as you say.....full of carbs. If you want company.....start a journal. :)

CysterMary
Wed, Nov-02-05, 22:25
Hey Girl, it was so nice to hear from a Mississippi Katrina survivor. I told my neice... if Hell is this bad, we better straighten up! As far as a journal is concerned, I may be too technology challenged to start one. I can't even figure out how to get one of those little smiley face things put on my message much less Eeyore. I was impressed. Also, too. What in the world are you doing to get those arms? Once again, I was impressed.

galatia
Thu, Nov-03-05, 00:10
Hi Mary.

I told my neice... if Hell is this bad, we better straighten up! :lol:

Here is the link to starting a journal: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=187389

I can't even figure out how to get one of those little smiley face things put on my message

When you go to post your message, just click on the smilie face and you'll get a selection of smilies, click on the one you want and wherever your curser is flashing, that's where smilie will show up. There are more smilies at the very bottom of the smilie list. :cool:

To put things like Eeyore into your signature line, you have to go to UserCP upper left-hand side of dark green line. I know for some things you have to have a certain amount of posts before things are available to you. But I wouldn't think that would be one of them. I'm not good at explaining how to do things, so if you need further advice, I'll find it and link it, or someone else will come along and do a better job.

Thanks for the compliment on my arms. :)

zorra_1
Thu, Nov-03-05, 08:46
those MREs are full of extra carbohydrates for the soldiers but they were poison for me.
Yeah, I guess if you burned several thousand calories a day, MREs would be fine! Welcome to the forum!!! :wave: