PDA

View Full Version : hello.......

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lil_fattie
Sun, Oct-30-05, 19:53
hello i am very new to low- carbing and ive decided to join this forum for healthy tips and motivation

i am 21 i live in a suberb of houston texas, and i am extremely overweight for my height, i started out this year at 285, and that was my absolute breaking point, i started walking around my block just to get some kind of movement going for myself..... and i did not really change my eating habits that much except for smaller portions, and not going back for "seconds" and i am now at 225lbs. so ive only got like some where between 80 - 100lbs to lose, but it seems ive hit a plateau, and my weight is just kinda stuck so ive spent the month of october reading different diet books and picking the one best for me at this point... ive also joined a gym in my area to help me with my diet.

so, to me so far ive got it all under control, but i am always in need of motivation, and what not hopefully the different people on this forum can help me with that and i can offer any helpful advice that i have learned to help you all as well......

thanx

ariel. :yum:

foxgluvs
Mon, Oct-31-05, 05:36
Hello! Just wanted to welcome you to the boards and say well done so far, you've done really well till this point, don't let your stall get you down, if you keep true to plan and analyze your diet looking into anything that might be causing you a problem, you'll be fine!

puddypark
Thu, Nov-03-05, 07:29
Good for you!! This is a great site to help research what plan may be good for you. And the support that this site gives is just incredible!
Best of luck!

Jr8Fan
Thu, Nov-03-05, 08:11
Way to go on the changes and the weight loss!!

Naledi
Thu, Nov-03-05, 08:45
Hi :wave:

Welcome to the forum. I think putting tight dietary restrictions on yourself can make you even more prone to overeating or stress-related eating. Instead of focusing on diet as a temporary solution, consider it a permanent lifestyle change. And you will really see the difference by the way you look at it. Anyway wishin you good Luck and great success!! :agree: :agree:

zorra_1
Thu, Nov-03-05, 08:49
Great job on doing the research. For a more personal review of diet plans, visit "Plans" at the top of this page. There will be some info basically outlining the plan, what you can and can't have, and how do-able it is! Congratulations!