PDA

View Full Version : Hi all :)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Paradoxx
Sun, Oct-30-05, 13:11
Hello,
I have been on Atkins for about a week. It took 2 days to get into ketosis, and I have stayed there (per test strips) inspite of not being absolutely perfect (I've had a couple of low carb bars, some half-and-half) but have stayed at about 20 grams a carbs daily. Find I need to make sure I drink enough, or I do get a bit dizzy.

Laura
aka Paradoxx

PS, I have read Dr. Atkins' book twice, but still find it so hard to believe the calories don't count. Day 1 and two I know I probably ate 3,000 calories easily. Am I doing it right? :help:

cajuda
Sun, Oct-30-05, 13:30
Sounds to me like you're doing it right. (Of course, you know you should ditch the lowcarb bars...) but, that's true that you don't need to count calories when you first start. You should eat until you're satisfied and not stuffed. (That's easier said than done. :) ) The main purpose of induction is getting rid of your sugary cravings. Good luck to you and keep us posted how you're doing. Check out the awesome recipe section.

foxgluvs
Sun, Oct-30-05, 13:48
Just make sure like Cajuda said that you eat till satisfied and not till stuffed. You can do this in a few ways, always make sure you drink a large glass of water with your meal, and eat slowly...really think about if you feel satisfied.
Many people think Atkins or LC in general is a reason to stuff fat all day long, and it isn't if you read the book properly he makes the point that if you eat fat, it satisfies you quicker and so you end up naturally eating less.
Good luck :)