PDA

View Full Version : I don't feel good after I eat

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Barkerbrat
Thu, Oct-27-05, 12:52
Hi there.

I have been on Atkins for 11 days now. I have lost 6 pounds. I have been on it before (7 years ago) and I know that you feel the "Induction Flu", but do you feel it so late?

I am in Ketosis and feel fine except for the hour or so after I eat. I am tired and dizzy and my stomach feels week.

Is this the Induction Flu?

Help!!!

Nicole

Qmass
Thu, Oct-27-05, 13:52
"Induction flu" is usually over in 3 or 4 days. Not sure what is going on with you. Maybe you have a cold or something unrelated to your diet?

If not, you might try posting some menus of what you've been eating - maybe someone will notice a problem food.

Also - are you drinking enough water?? That could be it - your symptoms could be dehydration. Or maybe you're not eating enough.

JaneDough
Thu, Oct-27-05, 13:56
In addition to Qmass' comments, I'll say that I had the 'flu' much longer than what seems average around here. I felt bad for the better part of two weeks, and had low energy long after that. Here's hoping you get beyond this very soon.

Barkerbrat
Fri, Oct-28-05, 06:14
An Average day's meal for me is:

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
Bacon or sausage (3 links or 2 slices)

Snack:
Celery with peanut butter, or cream cheese

Lunch:
Salad with Grilled chicken, cheese, boiled egg and blue cheese dressing

Dinner:
Pork, Chicken, Fish or Beef
Green Beans, Broccoli, or asparagus

I drink about 4 1 Liter bottles of water during the day at work and another 3 16 ozs glasses of water at night while home.

And also the upset stomach comes after I eat, but only for about an hour and then it goes away.

Thanks for all your support everyone.

Nicole

Jr8Fan
Fri, Oct-28-05, 06:21
Dr. Atkins warned that some people feel weak and dizzy because their body is burning fat and losing fat so fast. He suggested upping your carbs by adding another salad or some extra low carb veggies. It will slow your loss a little bit, but he reasoned that you are going to be slim for life so why worry about doing it so quick if you can do it a little slower and feel better.

Of course, I agree you could be getting sick, but I would think you would feel that way all the time then. What a great problem to have that you are burning fat TOO fast!

Feel better.

Qmass
Fri, Oct-28-05, 07:48
Your menu sounds fine! (Actually peanut butter isn't allowed during induction, but you are losing so probably no need to worry about it...)

Hopefully the feeling bad after you eat thing will just pass with time.

Barkerbrat
Fri, Oct-28-05, 08:57
I just want to say last night we went to Outback for dinner.

I had a Salad with Cheese and Blue Cheese Dressing

A 12 oz Prime Rib and a lobster tail.

I was in heaven and didn't feel deprived at ALL!!!!

I love this diet

Jr8Fan
Fri, Oct-28-05, 09:12
I just want to say last night we went to Outback for dinner.

I had a Salad with Cheese and Blue Cheese Dressing

A 12 oz Prime Rib and a lobster tail.

I was in heaven and didn't feel deprived at ALL!!!!

I love this diet

The low carb life is wonderful!!!! :thup:

cs_carver
Fri, Oct-28-05, 09:14
2 boiled eggs
peanut butter,
cheese, boiled egg and blue cheese dressing
Fish
asparagus

Peanut butter makes me violently ill. I come and go with boiled eggs--sometimes they're ok, and sometimes they turn my stomach. Hate fish; think I love asparagus but always find a reason not to cook it so maybe my body is trying to tell me something.

The bigger message: could be that there's too much fat for you? Or too much food? Or something that your body really doesn't like?

Are the symptoms the same every meal, or worse at some meals?

You might have to play around with what you're eating and take notes. Or maybe it will just pass.

Good luck.

steph0203
Fri, Oct-28-05, 09:57
Could it be a food allergy? I know that I believe that I have a yeast overgrowth issue and cheeses seem to aggravate it. I though for a long time that I had IBS, but the low-carb diet seemed to help it. Watch to see if the effect is worse after eating certain foods.

Hope you feel better!

Barkerbrat
Fri, Oct-28-05, 11:56
Lunch is when I feel the most ill. I wonder if it's the cheese. I don't have that with any other meal. It has never bothered me in the past, but maybe because I don't have any Carbs in me to soak it up, I am reacting differently. I for sure can't drink Milk or eat Icecream. I think I will change my lunches and see how that works. Cause Outback didn't bother me a bit last night. I hardly touched my salad with the cheese.

Thanks for the enlightenment!!!

cs_carver
Fri, Oct-28-05, 15:03
I had another thought, but it sounds like you're making headway.

Some people get queasy when they take their vitamins, and I'm always careful to take them with food, not on an empty stomach. But that doesn't sound exactly like the pattern you're experiencing.