PDA

View Full Version : Wegeners Gramulomatosa

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

auntchata
Thu, Oct-27-05, 12:32
I was diagnosed with Wegeners August 11, 2005. It is a form of vasculitis and an autoimmune disorder. I am followed and my treatment is directed by a Rhuematologist. I take Prednisone every day, but am tapering down my dose and hope to be completely off by end of year. Because of the Prednisone I am also taking Glucophage to keep my blood sugars down. I am not a real Diabetic-it's just because of the Prednisone. I have lost 26 pounds since getting sick (9wks). I am feeling better and doing great. This diagnosis has really motivated me to stay on plan, beflore I could always say I was just a healthy fat girl. Not anymore. Just wondering if anybody has ever heard of the Wegeners, or maybe even has it.

Nancy LC
Thu, Oct-27-05, 12:37
Sounds pretty yucky. :(

There's been some correlation of celiac disease, or gluten intolerance, with other autoimmune diseases, and sometimes adopting a strict gluten free diet helps. Its something you might want to look into. And its not all that hard if you're already on a low carb diet.