PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Luv1984
Thu, Oct-27-05, 01:11
Well, Im glad I found this sight!

Like many people, I heard of atkins a few years ago and tried it. I lost about 50lbs, and the minute i stopped I gained alot of it back. I'm hoping to get support and inspiration from everyone :help: . Sometimes i just get so discouraged. I've tried to get on induction (like 4 times), and this time around it's just so hard.

Bon
Thu, Oct-27-05, 04:14
Welcome Luv1984! You have come to the right place - this is the best LC forum on the 'net. Congrats on your decision to come back to the LC WOL!

Wishing you much success!

Bon

Jr8Fan
Thu, Oct-27-05, 06:23
Welcome back and good luck to you! I know a lot of people may not agree with this but I struggle with induction. I can't eat a lot of lettuce because it upsets my digestive system....don't know why but it really upsets my stomach. So, I usually just go right on to OWL and skip induction. It takes a little longer to get into ketosis and I lose more slowly the first couple of weeks, but it seems easier for me.

I do try to keep it really simple, though and avoid a lot of the cheeses, alcohols, lc candies and treats, and other things that slow you down.

Best of luck to you and looking forward to seeing you around here!

Luv1984
Thu, Oct-27-05, 10:37
Thanx everyone!
Finding this website has already been a God send

truckgirl
Thu, Oct-27-05, 15:45
Welcome, and good luck!