PDA

View Full Version : I don't really know where to start?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

subblue
Wed, Oct-26-05, 18:06
First off, let me say, any help would be appreciated.

I can't really find a lot of information on the atkins diet, and im not sure why, anyways, I'm only fifteen and I go to a high school and that causes eating healthy hard on me. I've been excercising and for my motivation I just think "Imagine what I will look and feel like after I keep doing this" and that seems to work but for food wise I don't know where to start. So any help is appreciated! :wave:

Thanks
-subblue

JaneDough
Wed, Oct-26-05, 18:34
Well there's plenty of anecdotal evidence on boards like this one, and of course Atkins has a site they just redesigned. Is there a bookstore or drugstore anywhere nearby? That's where I picked up my copy of Atkins' New Diet Revolution. The plan is laid out pretty well in print, especially the starting point - Induction.

Have you decided on Atkins or have you considered other low carb plans as well? There's more than one way to do this, but you may need to get your investigative juices flowing to choose the best one for you. In my opinion, that's where everyone should start. Best wishes. :)

Laura W
Wed, Oct-26-05, 18:50
Hi subblue, I agree, investigate the possiblities and choose what's best for you. Generally, I think discount stores like WalMart carry these books as well. I got my Protein Power Lifeplan there and I have seen the Atkins. Might be a little less pricey than a drug store.

I know what you mean about the school lunches. They certainly leave much to be desired in the health department. My daughter is a senior in high school-she started taking her lunch this year so she could eat more healthfully. She doesn't do LC, more whole grains and lower fat items, but she packs it everyday.

Good luck with your journey-we're all here for eachother. Did you notice the special place for teens? Feel free to go anywhere, just thought I'd mention it.

Laura

mlk18sHuny
Wed, Oct-26-05, 22:03
You could also check out the library for a free way to look at the book (whether you choose Atkins, South Beach, etc.). Reading the book is IMO the best way to get the truest information.

Jr8Fan
Thu, Oct-27-05, 07:49
Hang in there. At 15, the weight will just fall off of you with lo carb.