PDA

View Full Version : I'm new and I love this board!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ChaChaGirl
Tue, Oct-25-05, 14:02
Hi everybody!

I'm not new to low carb, as I've done Atkins in the past with great success. I went down to 107 lbs, but I gained it all back because I went off the diet without progressing through the phases or rungs.

I then lost weight with low fat, low calorie...and gained it back.

And I did the same thing again. And gained it back PLUS 5 more lbs. I was never more than 120 lbs.

The reason I gained was because of my depression, and my tendency to sabotage myself. I don't know why I do it to myself, but it feels like it's impossible to stop.

I don't have much to lose, but it's a real struggle for me because all my life, I've had eating disorders. From anorexia to bulimia to binge eating disorder...the latter the one that took over my whole university life.

I went through a really painful break-up, and so I'm emotionally weak from that, STILL! It's been a year.

Anyway, I'm going to do Atkins starting tomorrow. I'm super excited and I WILL succeed this time!!! I just need everyone's support!!!

THankS!!!!!

black57
Tue, Oct-25-05, 14:08
ChaChaGirl, congrats on your resolve. Get your emotions in check. You don't need a relationship to be an outstanding "you".
This is by far, more important than any amount of weight lost. No one deserves your soul if they are willing to hurt you.

Hybrid
Tue, Oct-25-05, 16:01
I'm sure you can do it, and maintain it, this time. If you haven't heard already, low-carb dieting becomes less and less successful every time you do a re-launch.

One tip I got from someones signature... whenever you're tempted to go off your diet, get yourself a big, heavy bag of something that is equal to the amount of weight you lost, and carry it around for a bit.

zorra_1
Tue, Oct-25-05, 16:40
I'm old and I still love this site! Congrats on finding us! :lol: