PDA

View Full Version : Good time to start

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

E&J
Thu, Dec-06-01, 13:08
Hello Everyone,

I am an old reader of the Dr. Atkins book, but have not yet started. To tell you the truth, I don't know what I am waiting for, I do know I need to lose some weight. My fear is not being able to have chocolate and chips, which are my weeknesses. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to plunge in to it.

Thx
E&J

gwilson38
Thu, Dec-06-01, 15:02
Anytime is a good time to start a new and healthy way of life. I was a huge CARB addict so if I can do it ..trust me anyone can..lol I have to warn U...with Christmas fast approaching it wont be easy to dodge the carb bullet. BUT if U can pull it off U wont suffer the carb "hangovers" that accompany the usual Christmas festivities. I would suggest read the book....drink LOTS of water and stock up on low-carb foods. Get rid of any tempations that still remain in your cupboards. Good Luck!!

E&J
Thu, Dec-06-01, 15:16
I am so glad I registrar, I am skeptical on allot of things, so I was wondering if this sight was legitimate. I will be starting tomorrow, and yes the Holidays are here, but if I can't dodge it this time of the year, I don't think I'll manage any other time. I have always had a weight problem, due to my love of junk food. But I keep hearing of how it has changed people and how much more energy they have. Energy is what I lack, so I hope to have more energy as well. People look at me and think I am crazy, but if this program will help me lose inches as well I guess I need to get going.

Thanks again for responding.

gwilson38
Fri, Dec-07-01, 10:02
This is an excellant site to come to for info and support. No one here judges U. They take U at "post" value. U wont be yelled at if U cheat only told to "git back on the low-carb band-wagon" As for energy? Well I have health problems but because of low-carbing Im off my meds. Im 37 and just joined an adult competitive dance class. How is that for energy..lol

Atriana
Fri, Dec-07-01, 10:30
E&J - Try to think of it like getting ready to jump into a pool. You are standing there wanting to swim, knowing that the water might be cold, getting up the courage for that initial shock. Now, the choice is always yours whether you take that plunge or not.

This way of eating is quite similar. You are standing at the edge, looking at the diet, wanting to lose your excess fat, knowing that you will have an initial shock of adjustment.

I will tell you that for most people the adjustment time is quickly over. But only you can decide to take the plunge. You really are stronger than chocolate and chips.

Ready to jump in yet? :)

thin2win
Mon, Dec-10-01, 08:43
E&J - It is a little tough at first, but once you get going and start to see results, it is worth it. In reply to your reply... I eat eggs and bacon and sausage for breakfast... Usually a salad or some type of meat at lunch and usually just meat for dinner. I eat as much as I want. Don't gorge yourself though. And really try to eat as much variety as you can. That way you won't get bored. Make sure if you can, to buy the Keto - Stix to check your level of ketosis. This, for me is a reminder that the diet is working. I also use the protein bars. You can buy Atkins bars in the grocery store here in Missouri. Another good one is Carb Solutions. Make sure you look at the label and check the carbs. They usually have only 2-3 carbs. Don't mistake a high protein bar just by the label. GOOD LUCK!!! :)

gwilson38
Mon, Dec-10-01, 09:41
I noticed U said U eat alot of protein bars. I have never had any and the biggest reason is because they only list 3 carbs most of them actually contain a lot more hidden carbs. They certainly would be a good option on certain occasions however if U are having a real slow down on weight loss then I would cut them out for awhile.