PDA

View Full Version : I'm New and Glad to Be here!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BankerMom
Sun, Oct-23-05, 08:01
Taking care of my own body has probably been my biggest failure in life. I have a successful career, two great kids and a loving husband. I put 110% into every area of my life...being a wife, a mother, a great manager at work...but, I treat my body and self like you know what...I always come dead last. I have attempted so many 'diets' it's unreal.

I KNOW I am absolutely like a crack addict when it comes to sugar, white floury junky stuff, simple carbs, etc.

Now that I have been off of the 'crack' LOL for a week as of today, it is great! I went out to dinner on a rare date with my husband (tough with 2 small kids and full time jobs!) to a scrumptious restaurant last night. I was FINE avoiding the freshly baked, steaming bread they brought and FINE avoiding the pitas that came with our chicken skewer appetizer - instead of dipping pita bread into the hummus that came with it, I dipped the chicken. We split a starter caesar salad and my husband took all the croutons onto his plate. Then for my meal, I had this amazing pan seared trout with a buttery almond sauce and roasted red peppers. And NO DESSERT and no alcohol. I enjoyed every bite and left full and satisfied. This was a HUGE FEAT for me! My husband kept telling me how proud he was :D

Looking forward to meeting others and finding some great recipes. The only part that is scaring me is what to do for family dinners during our busy work week.

Thanks for letting me blather on...LOL!

Paleoanth
Sun, Oct-23-05, 09:34
WElcome!

We do have a recipe area. You might want to check it out. This is also one of my favorite recipe sites:

http://www.carb-lite.au.com/

MiaHope
Sun, Oct-23-05, 15:03
Hi BankerMom, We have very similar goals!!! I have a few more pounds to lose than you. Good luck. Oh, I am new too.

Mia

browniz30
Sun, Oct-23-05, 16:43
welcome Bankermom!!!!

I had to laugh when you said the "crack" thing....I always say that too!!!! :lol: it is true.....when it comes to that "white" stuff......I am there with ya....just like a crack addiction!!!!! I can NEVER have just a taste...it turns out to be a full blown binge!!!!!!

you are on the right track......STAY AWAY from it!!!!! I know for me....ATKINS is the only rehab!!!!!

best of luck!!!!!

BankerMom
Sun, Oct-23-05, 19:36
Thanks for the welcome messages and support! I am so glad to have found this place! I feel so committed and know finding friends and support here will help.

Bobi-p
Sun, Oct-23-05, 22:08
I just joined here yesterday when my Atkins site kept giving me error messages. This seems to be a great support group with a lot of info available. I like the journal format, much better than other sites I've seen, including the Atkins site, where I've been since 8/28. Anyway welcome, BankerMom from another newbie!

Jr8Fan
Mon, Oct-24-05, 08:48
Welcome and good luck! I have a 1 yr old son and a hubby at home and we also have full time jobs. I have found that they eat whatever I eat. The only thing is that I add a carby side for them. My son, of course, gets lots of whole grain Cheerios and whole wheat bread with his meal. He also gets fruit, fruit juice and whole milk. The hubby gets the whole wheat bread too. I boil potatoes, or make some kind of starchy veggie like corn, sweet potato, lima beans, etc. for the two of them. Then there are always 2 low carb veggies....like asparagus or snap beans, on the table. They don't even realize I am on a "diet".

Anyway, good luck to you!

BankerMom
Wed, Nov-02-05, 06:21
10 1/2 pounds gone so far...YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Naledi
Thu, Nov-03-05, 08:52
Hi There, :wave:

Welcome to the forum!

And CONGRATULATIONS on the weightloss!

Each workout should be a mini victory, moving you closer to your goal. Take it step by step, slowly and steadily. Powerful results come from taking small steps towards your goal each day!

Wishing you good Luck and great success!!

BankerMom
Fri, Nov-04-05, 05:44
Well, made some accidents yesterday (really they were - the waitress lied about what all was in a salad and I didn't catch it until I was over half way done :( ) and I also had a salty dinner and now I'm at a 9.8 lb loss. I KNOW I shouldn't weigh myself everyday, but I can't help it.

KateV
Sat, Nov-05-05, 17:01
I've now lost 7 pounds in 10 days! We went out to eat earlier, and I had a delicious salad at a Mexican restaurant, with steak, grated cheese, lettuce, red pepper and guacamole. This is the most delightful diet I've ever been on. I am not even missing sugary things, which is real nice, and haven't felt at all tempted to eat things that aren't on the induction menu. -- Kate

Kaizan
Sat, Nov-05-05, 21:14
Banker- you were worried about family dinners? I wouldn't be. My daughter has taken really well to no bread/potatoes and likes her salads and other veggies (mostly raw, but we're working on variety) and much to my surprise, when I bought home the whole wheat low carb tortillas home for wraps for me and the white ones for her quesadillas, she didn't want the white ones anymore and ate all of mine! little punk, now I have to go get more...lol. WHich is OK cause I restarted induction last week and couldn't have them after a big old fall off the wagon...

I'm not too strict with her though, she has a "drawer" of goodies stocked with Halloween candy, cookies, etc... she's allowed her pick once a day, whenever she wants and it's worked out really well for us...she doesn't feel deprived - and I'm not tempted at every meal with white stuff at the table...

tmaioli
Sat, Nov-05-05, 21:18
Welcome. You have a great success, there's lot of suppot here too. Welcome agian.