PDA

View Full Version : NEW GIRL ON THE BLOCK

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tryn2rson
Wed, Dec-05-01, 21:22
HI everyone. Im TRYN short for TRYING TO REASON, its a BUFFETT thing.
Anyway just wanted to say hi, I havent bought Atkins book yet, will be picking up tonight, but just wanted to get a jump start to introduce myself, that way, after I read the book tonight and have 100000 questions, everyone will know of me.
I currently weight 150 lbs and my goal is to be 125lbs. I was diagnosed with HYPERTHYROIDISM last year, (after losing 30 llbs), They destroyed my thyroid with Radiation and now it does not function, therefore, NO METABOLISM. Boy, we sure have a lot to work with.
Anyway, hello to everyone and Ill talk to all soon.

Sharon
Wed, Dec-05-01, 21:25
HI Welcome to the Lowcarb forum. I'm sure you'll find lots of friendly support here.

Glad to hear you're picking up a copy of the Atkins Book, the forum is great, but having a copy of the Lowcarb Bible at your fingertips is important too. You'll find you refer to it many times.
I've been lowcarbing 1.5 years and still check back at it.

Good luck, keep us posted of your progress.

tryn2rson
Wed, Dec-05-01, 21:29
Thanks for responding so quickly. I am just overwhelmed at the amount of information on this forum.

bsayne
Wed, Dec-05-01, 23:40
Hi Tryn! You have found the right place! Welcome aboard and enjoy the wealth of information! Check out the journal section and start one of your own!

Just picked up the New revised Atkins myself and am busy reading the updates along with you! Happy reading.

Lookin forward to following your success!

Take care,

Bsayne

gwilson38
Thu, Dec-06-01, 09:27
welcome here Tryn! I for one would be most willing to answer any questions U may have. Good luck !

anita
Thu, Dec-06-01, 09:29
Originally posted by tryn2rson
HI everyone. Im TRYN short for TRYING TO REASON, its a BUFFETT thing.
I was diagnosed with HYPERTHYROIDISM last year, (after losing 30 llbs), They destroyed my thyroid with Radiation and now it does not function, therefore, NO METABOLISM. Boy, we sure have a lot to work with.
Anyway, hello to everyone and Ill talk to all soon.

Hi Tryn -- we have a lot in common - I grew up in TN, am a Buffett fan and had radiation for hyperthyroidism. This wol is perfect for those of us whose metabolism is messed up for any reason. While my weight loss has been VERY slow I am losing nonetheless. For me the key has been exercise exercise exercise.
Good luck -- you have found a great support group!

keriberry
Thu, Dec-06-01, 10:48
Tryn-

Howdy and welcome to Atkins! I started again last Wednesday and so far I think I've lost 6 pounds or so - I think Atkins is the best diet around - it's so easy!! :D

Where are you from in TN? I'm in DC right now - but I'm heading back to Nashville in January. I miss it!!

Good luck and keep us posted - you are going to love this forum, you will get quick, honest answers to your questions and lots of support. :thup: