PDA

View Full Version : This looks like a great website.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nannapoo
Tue, Oct-18-05, 13:10
Just found this website, like so many others, BY ACCIDENT!

So glad I did though.............was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 2 years ago. I do take a form of Glucophage but some days that does not do the job completely. Really must ge serious about a lifestyle change and count some carbs.

Don't know about you others but I'm an emotional eater: all food is great when I'm mad, glad, bad and sad!! (That just about covers one of my bad habits of many years). Therefore I stay overweight. Sometimes I manage to lose 15 lbs or so but always seem to gain it back.

Got any ideas about self-control?? I lived overseas for so many years, the food there was not particularly good or interesting at all. When I returned to the US I went wild.

Just love all of these great, creative recipes. I'm certainly going to try some of them.

Thanks,
Nannapoo

4beans4me
Tue, Oct-18-05, 13:17
Welcome and best of luck! I stumbled upon this site 2 years ago and wonder every day what I'd do without it!!

You can do it!! :yay:

tommiec68
Tue, Oct-18-05, 13:46
Welcome and it not only looks like a great site it is. I too "found" this site about a year ago. My initial mission other than loosing weight was to prevent becoming type 2. I was diagnosed with insuline resistance and my mom is insuline dependant. I have not been doing so great the last month or so but Im not giving up and as you will find the people here are a huge support.
You hang in there and you wont belive the improvement this way of eating (woe) will bring you.

Tammie

JohnGibson
Tue, Oct-18-05, 16:08
My doctor looked me in the eye and said if I didn't lose weight I would be insulin dependent in a year. That didn't stop my eating.

A few weeks ago I woke up not feeling good and made the decision that I was going to drop the weight. I weighed 275 at one time, then dropped to 165 and then over the years I crept back to around 250.

I joined this site a couple of years ago, but never really used it, I stumbled across it a month ago and jumped right in. I don't think I would have gotten this far if it hadn't been for the great people around here.

John