PDA

View Full Version : new member introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jillaree
Mon, Oct-17-05, 19:52
:wave: hey everyone I AM SO GLAD I CAME ACROSS THIS SITE IREALLY NEED HELP. I AM 33 AND 235 LBS. DONE SO MANY DIETS AND REALIZED DIET MEANS DIE OR EAT. BEEN TO NUTRITIONIST, ETC. NO ONE IN FAMILY TWILLING TO EAT LIKE ME :mad: I AM A DIABETIC NOW 2 YEARS ON GLOCOPHAGE.I HAVE LOST 70.5 LBS IN THE LAST 2 YEARS ONLY TO GAIN IT BACK ANY INFORMATIUON OR EATING TIPS TO HELP ME ARE GLADLY APPRECAITED NICE TO SAY HELLO :)

loosenit
Tue, Oct-18-05, 02:13
Hi Jillaree,
I also am the only one in the house who is following this WOL, and I`m the one who prepares the meals :lol: I don`t mind though.

Hope your weight loss eases your diabetes.
Have a read of some of the success stories to find out what worked for them, Great for tips and encouragement.............. and you can always post any questions you may have. There are a lot of successful people on here who are more than willing to help you out. ;)

Jr8Fan
Tue, Oct-18-05, 09:46
Welcome and good luck to you!

klc145
Tue, Oct-18-05, 12:48
I am also the only one in my family doing this WOL. With me and hubby, he eats what I cook! With my entire family though...it can be tough. Especially at family gatherings when there is little that is LC friendly there. I just have learned to adapt and have also learned to find out the menu ahead of time so that maybe I can bring myself something else.

I wish you all the best of luck and I am sure that you can do this! Hope to see you more around the boards. Bye!