PDA

View Full Version : Gelatin dessert made from Splenda?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

DeAnna
Wed, Dec-05-01, 10:49
I love to have sf Jello as a dessert but don't like the Aspertame taste. Are there any gelatins made from Splenda, or can you make it yourself? Thanks!!! :wave:

tamarian
Thu, Dec-06-01, 06:58
Hi DeAnna,

Yes, you can make your own by using gelatins powder, and add splenda and flavour extracts.

Wa'il

Deirdre
Thu, Dec-06-01, 15:41
I believe the Jolly Rancher pre-made gelatin cups are made with Splenda, and here in Canada we have Hunt's Juicy Gels, which are made with Splenda.

IslandGirl
Thu, Dec-06-01, 18:08
which is imported from Australia, is sweetened with Splenda (Sucralose).

Several online stores carry it (CarbSmart, LowCarb Luxury, etc.)

JustAGirl
Mon, Jan-07-02, 16:12
anyone have any idea when cottee's will be available in the US again?

IslandGirl
Mon, Jan-07-02, 22:37
Again?

Did it go somewhere? If the online store you've been buying it from isn't carrying it anymore, have you tried another store, or asked them why it's not available? That might help.

Karen
Tue, Jan-08-02, 01:23
You can make gelitan desserts out of fruit flavoured tea - the kind with no caffiene, only fruits and berries.

Celestial Seasonings brand is available almost everywhere and it's pretty good. You also know exactly what's in it. No frankenflavours!

There is usually a good balance of flavour in their teas, so no sweetener is required. 1 Tbsp. of gelitan will jell 2 cups of liquid.

Karen

DeAnna
Tue, Jan-08-02, 18:06
I found out on one website that cottee no longer makes their gelatin because of a problem with the dyes.

JustAGirl
Tue, Jan-08-02, 19:47
i read that they still make it but that it's not allowed in the US because of it's dyes. :(

JustAGirl
Tue, Jan-08-02, 20:53
does anyone know if there's a way to make your own so that it is calorie free like the cottee brand? your idea sounds wonderful karen. do they make calorie free unflavored gelatin though? just curious. thank you