PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to all of this

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nuttysqrrl
Sat, Oct-15-05, 14:20
Hi, I'm really new to all of this. I've been eating low-carb for about 3 months and I've lost about 25 lbs. I still have a ways to go. I just wanted to introduce myself. I really love this place here.....

JaneDough
Sat, Oct-15-05, 14:26
Glad to meet ya! Amazing progress and a goal very similar to another woman who just joined us minutes ago; check out bigsizeo. :)

patience11
Mon, Oct-17-05, 14:28
hey nuttysqurrl. So what has been working for you to help you lose 25 pounds?
Would you mind telling me what you eat in a typical day? Thanks!

Wildflowr6
Mon, Oct-17-05, 20:10
Welcome, and congrats on your weight loss so far! You're off to a great beginning!!!

nuttysqrrl
Tue, Oct-18-05, 13:56
:yum: for patience11..I've been eating a lot of slim jims lately, so my weight it stalling a bit, but usually I eat this.

Breakfast: 3 eggs with some cheese and maybe 3 pieces of bacon
Snack: more bacon
Lunch: an omlet with cheese and sausage or a cheeseburger
Snack: bacon or slim jims
Dinner: choices of hamburgers, brats, chicken, fish, or steak and maybe a salad with some ranch dressing.

sometimes I have diet coke, but I try not to a lot. I do drink a good amount of coffee...

JohnGibson
Tue, Oct-18-05, 16:04
Hi Nuttysqrrl!

You maybe stalling because you aren't eating veggies. You need them. Check out his list of acceptable veggies. over on his site here at this URL:

http://atkins.com/Archive/2001/12/15-464579.html

Vegetables
You can have two to three cups per day of:

alfalfa sprouts
daikon
mushrooms
arugula
endive
parsley
bok choy
escarole
peppers
celery
fennel
radicchio
chicory
jicama
radishes
chives
lettuce
romaine lettuce
cucumber
māche
sorrel

These salad vegetables are high in phytonutrients and provide a good source of fiber.

Other Vegetables
You can have one cup per day of these veggies if salad does not exceed two cups. The following vegetables are slightly higher in carbohydrate content than the salad vegetables:

artichoke
celery root
pumpkin
artichoke hearts
rhubarb
asparagus
chard
sauerkraut
bamboo shoots
collard greens
scallions
dandelion
snow peas
bean sprouts
dandelion greens
spaghetti squash
beet greens
eggplant
spinach
broccoli
hearts of palm
string or wax beans
broccoli rabe
kale
summer squash
brussels
kohlrabi
tomato
bean sprouts
leeks
turnips
cabbage
okra
water chestnuts
cauliflower
onion
zucchini

If a vegetable, such as spinach or tomato, cooks down significantly, it must be measured raw so as not to underestimate its carb count.

JohnGibson
Tue, Oct-18-05, 16:05
Also on the slim jims, they contain corn solids and I don't know if they are counting those are carbs or not. I found that If I was eating that type of stuff that I would stall.

John

nuttysqrrl
Wed, Oct-19-05, 09:56
Thanks. I'll try not to eat as many slim jims and eat more veggies, ha ha.