PDA

View Full Version : My brother said "You're gonna die...."

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Bill L
Wed, Oct-12-05, 13:20
When I was 53 my brother said to me "You're gonna die if you don't lose that weight!"

I was shocked to hear that, but it was true. He gave me the book, "The South Beach Diet". From the moment I started reading it I was hooked!

Thanks, Ray... you saved my life!!!

55 now. I'm 6'-4" and 249 with 9 pounds to go.

P.S. I've been down to my goal weight (240) and I slipped back 12 pounds, so I went back to phase 1, a week ago. It is working great so far. All bloating is gone and I'm dropping pounds.

PurpleJane
Wed, Oct-12-05, 13:42
Wow! you are a good advert for LC'ing! :clap:
What a fantastic achievement... and that you are keeping an eye on the gain... ;)

All the best for your LC future! I hope to follow in your footsteps!

bkloots
Tue, Nov-22-05, 15:00
Hi, Bill. Catching up belatedly on a few threads. You've got a good brother. And you were smart to pay attention.

My dad--also named Bill--also lives in Lee's Summit. I'm out there a lot. I'll wave to you.