PDA

View Full Version : can you take a look at what I ate today?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

shapnup200
Tue, Oct-11-05, 20:56
Hi there,

I'll quickly tell you my story. Feb I started following Atkins (low-fat style) I lost 25lbs in approx months. I went from 215-190 In july I started pigging out. I mean PIGGING OUT! well I gained 15 lbs back. Back on track and need some assistance with my menu. -By the way I'm doing this low fat this time.

breakfast: boiled egg

lunch: sandwiches with out bread.
lunch meat: sliced beef and salami
thin slices of cheese, slice of tomatoe and lettuce
2 cherry tomatoes

dinner: 1 cup chicken thighs cooked in butter and mayo
fried green beans (1/4 cup)
fried yellow beans (1/4 cup)
1/2 small onion - fried

cheese cake
1 oz cream cheese
1 tbs sour cream
1 tbs splenda
unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp vanila extract

later in the evening I cooked quiche pizza. I ended up having 2 pieces.

quiche pizza
topping:mushrooms (canned)
1/4 red and green pepper
6 small slices of peperoni

Is it ok to be consuming so much cream cheese during induction?

:blush:

Entropy39
Tue, Oct-11-05, 21:02
Why are you doing Atkins Low Fat?
That doesn't sound enjoyable at all. Hahah.
Seriously, is there a particular reason or is it that you just don't like the taste of fat?

shapnup200
Tue, Oct-11-05, 21:05
I mean't to say i'm not doing it low fat this time. ops.I did it low fat when I first tried the diet. I lost 25 lbs but the food kind of sucked! Now i'm cooking with butter and mayo......yummmm

black57
Tue, Oct-11-05, 21:44
I would eat 3xs a day and make breakfast your largest meal. Taper down as the day goes by. Eat the quiche pizza at breakfast, that will give you better appetite control at lunch.You can even alter the quiche ingredients and include zuchini and top with sliced avocado. Have one sandwich and a cup of low carb yogurt for lunch. Dinner looks great but I would skip the cheesecake if I were you. We have so much great food on low carb that it is easy to gain weight on our food.

Space everything out as far as you possibly can ( we have to eat no later than 6 hours between meals ). I am willing to wager that his will jumpstart your loss. :wave:

shapnup200
Wed, Oct-12-05, 07:52
thanks..your probably right about the cheese cake. This morning I started my day off with the pizza quiche and a decaf coffee. I do not really like the decaf coffee so I do not think I will finish it. Its kind of bitter. for lunch I have a salad and a 1.5L bottle of water. Not sure what Im going to have for dinner..Ill figure it out. Mabey steak and cauliflower..

:wave: thanks...

black57
Wed, Oct-12-05, 09:24
Mmmm, sounds good. Add some protein with your salad at lunch time. Keep your meals interesting and tasty. We had some leftover cauliflower which I have been eating at lunch. I smash the cauliflower with a fork and add a dollop of sour cream and a little parmesan cheese and other seasonings. You can add chives too. It is like eating a baked potato.

Elizellen
Wed, Oct-12-05, 11:37
Are you on induction? If so the yogurt is not allowed till the dairy rung of OWL.

shapnup200
Wed, Oct-12-05, 12:19
Hi there,
:yum:
For lunch I went to Longos and bought some chicken legs. I didnt eat the skin just in case they put a sauce on it. It didnt look like they did though. I ate that with a salad that had mayo as the dressing. I ended up drinking diet coke instead of my 1.5L of water. I drink alot of water through out the day anyways...so im ok.

shapnup200
Wed, Oct-12-05, 13:39
wowie!! Today it was a co-workers birthday and I passed on the birthday cake. Everyone tried to pressure me..but I lied and said I had a sore stomach. :lol:

by the way...it was a strawberry mousse cake.

:cheer:

black57
Wed, Oct-12-05, 16:55
Mmm, sounds like a mighty fine cake you passed up ma'am. Good job.

shapnup200
Wed, Oct-12-05, 18:55
ok for dinner I had 2 pieces of fast fry steak fried in butter with 1/4 of an onion fried. I added a can of mushrooms and hot peppers. I also had 1 cup of mashed cauliflower with butter and 1 tsp of sour cream. This was soooo good.

I love this WOL! :hyper: