PDA

View Full Version : Eating more oO That's not right

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sebani
Sun, Oct-09-05, 20:32
Hey,

I recently started drinking 5 bottles of 500ml bottles a day. That makes 2.5 Litres

Anyways, I find that I have gained weight from this new test. Just a week ago i was 132lbs and now I'm up to 140lbs

I find myself eating more too but not so much that i'd be 140 pounds

I eat more but they're mostly healthy foods... What's wrong with me and my weight

UPMichigan
Mon, Oct-10-05, 06:54
If You Are Eating A Lot Of Salt...it Will Cause You To Retain The Water You Are Drinking...also Watch The Caffeine Intake For The Rest Of The Day It Can Also Cause You To Retain.

How Long Have You Been Low Carbing??? Is Tom On The Way? These Are All Things That Can Cause Us To Balloon Up. Trust In Yourself And Keep Drinking The Water...you Will See A Whoosh Soon.

I See You Have No Plan...have You Decided Which One You Are Going To Follow? This May Help You As Well.

Summer

Jr8Fan
Mon, Oct-10-05, 13:06
I see you have no plan. When I make my own rules, I tend to fail. I have to stick with one of the plans. My own rules got me to almost 200 pounds on a 5'3/4" body frame. You might need to pick one of the tested plans.

MeBLady
Mon, Oct-10-05, 14:16
Hey,

I recently started drinking 5 bottles of 500ml bottles a day. That makes 2.5 Litres

Anyways, I find that I have gained weight from this new test. Just a week ago i was 132lbs and now I'm up to 140lbs

I find myself eating more too but not so much that i'd be 140 pounds

I eat more but they're mostly healthy foods... What's wrong with me and my weight

I am around the same height and weight as you are, and I have also found that I am fluctuating up and down -- sometimes as much as a 6 pound difference in the course of one day. This has been recently only....in my entire weight loss journey that started in Jan. 2005, I never fluctuated up and down near as bad as this!

I don't think it is the water you are drinking -- I think this is your body adjusting to your new weight, possibly attempting to maintain between 135 and 140.

If you are eating healthy foods, and eating when you are hungry rather than just for the sake of snacking/eating, and drinking your water, I wouldn't worry about it. Let your body do its work, and when it wants to shed more pounds, it will ;-).

I agree with the others that you probably should choose a LC plan, but OTOH, you don't have much to lose, probably not dealing with a lot of health issues.....if the know the basics regarding healthy fats, healthy carbs, staying away from white flour/sugar, exercise, etc., this will probably get you to the weight you want to be....or the weight that your body considers healthy for you.