PDA

View Full Version : the firsy day of a new me

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

vgallegos5
Sun, Oct-09-05, 19:15
hi everyone-

i just wanted to go ahead and introduce myself. I am 21 year old college student and have been overweight for most of my life. The first time that I went on a low carb diet i lost 45 pounds and kept that weight of for two years. then my level of activity dropped to zero and depression followed. I have now decided that this is as far as I will let my weight control me and I am going to take charge of my life and loose weight. Wish me luck.......

JaneDough
Mon, Oct-10-05, 12:02
I wish I'd had your resolve at 21. Add to that your experience with LC, and you're a success story in the making. Welcome to the forums!

Jr8Fan
Mon, Oct-10-05, 12:18
Good luck!! Hope you are over the depression or at least getting some help for it. It is no joke!! I have definitely been there! Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

And I agree.....good for you for starting young to deal with your weight issues. It was so much easier at 21 when I first did Atkins. Now at 45, everything is harder!