PDA

View Full Version : Saying Hi to the board

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jcm1662
Sun, Oct-09-05, 12:27
Hi Everyone. I am not new to LC, but new to this board - found it a few months ago when Atkins went 'bankrupt'. The information here is great, so many of you have done an amazing job and I check in pretty much everyday to see the new posts.

I lost about 110 lbs 5 years ago on the LC lifestyle and have maintained since. Today I wear a 35 waist at 6'2 compared with a 50/52 yearssss ago.

We'll, back to the Partiots game. Send me a message if you want to say Hi.

Cheers!

irishecuca
Sun, Oct-09-05, 13:53
Hi! This is my first time on any forum like this. I'm 53yr old man with a strong family history of diabetes. I just lost 24 lbs over 4 months using a low carb,low fat,basically Atkins plan with eating vegetables and fruit and a lot of salad and chicken breast and fish and stewed tomatoes and no bread, pasta,etc. among other things.
I am looking for a maintainance plan.
I don't really want to lose any more, but i definitely want to keep the weight off. I walk about an hour a day and i still crave bread, sweets, pasta and other sucrosy and starchy things. Any suggestions? Congratulations to everyone in this struggle for a healthy diet. Slainte mhaith! Good luck and health! Cheerio! Slan libh! Irishecuca

Samantha22
Mon, Oct-10-05, 14:17
welcome, and thank you for your compliments! you have made awesome progress so far, i'm sure i could learn a few things from you :)