PDA

View Full Version : More questions, frustrated

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Elese
Mon, Dec-03-01, 19:18
It's Elese again, it's been over a month now on the diet, doing fine but no loss however, the sticks show I'm in ketosis. What does this mean? If I'm using fat for fuel yet not losing weight or inches/size?

Still under 15 grams/carbs a day.

Any thoughts out there? (and yes, I do have some fat to lose even though my bodyfat % is healthy, mostly around the midsection. seem to lose fat everywhere else but the tummy!)

Natrushka
Mon, Dec-03-01, 19:40
I read your other thread "Not losing". From it I gathered you want to lower your body fat? I read that you workout (marathon, fitness profession) do you do any weight training? The quickest way to get lean and lose body fat is to do some resistance work with weights. You could end up being 143 lbs when its over but lose 3 - 4 % BF. Just a though. Check out the exercise forum for an overview of the cyclic ketogenic diet (CKD 101 is the thread) it might be what you're looking for.

Nat