PDA

View Full Version : Orange Sour Cream Muffins- Carbquik

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

4beans4me
Tue, Oct-04-05, 07:35
Orange Sour Cream Muffins

2 cups Carbquik
19 drops sweetzfree or 3/4 c Splenda
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 c vegetable oil
1 egg
1.5 tsp orange extract

Beat together all ingredients until blended. Pour into lightly greased muffin tins or use cupcake liners. Bake for 30 minutes at 350.

Makes 9 good size muffins.
2.1 net carbs

http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/files/4/0/6/6/7/144_4484_422097.JPG

LadyBelle
Tue, Oct-04-05, 14:26
Those look like they have a little more "poof" then the origional recipie I tried.

I think I'm going to have to break down and buy carbquick as many recipies as you people are coming up with

JAnn
Wed, Oct-05-05, 11:15
Has anyone tried recipes calling for CarbQuick with the Atkins Bake Mix as I have a recipe for mixing that?

kaygirl1
Wed, Oct-05-05, 13:11
Would it be okay to use coconut oil in these rather than the vegetable oil? And if so, would I use the same amount? Same question about butter. Thanks!

Sue L
Wed, Oct-05-05, 19:19
Has anyone tried recipes calling for CarbQuick with the Atkins Bake Mix as I have a recipe for mixing that?
I don't have carbquick either.
If I try making these I will let you know how Atkins mix clone turns out.
~sue

klc145
Thu, Oct-06-05, 08:31
Any subs for CQ? I cant seem to find any here.

4beans4me
Thu, Oct-06-05, 08:36
I'll try to answer some Q's:

Has anyone tried recipes calling for CarbQuick with the Atkins Bake Mix

I suppose you could try. Just be sure to add in a leavening agent, Carbquik has this added.

Would it be okay to use coconut oil in these rather than the vegetable oil?

I would think that any liquid oil subsitute would work fine, but I could be wrong. You may want to ask Karen in her forum.

I cant seem to find any here.

I order mine from www.netrition.com

HTH :)

klc145
Thu, Nov-03-05, 16:56
I made these tonight and they are so very good. Again, Becki, you have the best recipes I have ever tried!! I really cannot bake/cook and I follow your directions and they come out perfect every time....thank you!

zorra_1
Thu, Nov-03-05, 18:16
That recipe sounds great and with pictures too (bonus points)! I have the hardest time dealing with Carbquik and recipes (especially from their own site). This one looks yummy. I think I'll steal your maple icing for the pumpkin bars and maybe replace the maple with some orange or vanilla. :yum: