PDA

View Full Version : New to Board

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

neela26
Fri, Sep-30-05, 11:02
Hi,

I'm new to the board. I did weight watchers for a long time and got down to 140. Then I tried atkins and got down to 131 or so. Looked and felt great. I got off the bandwagon right after I got married and got to 170 pounds. I want to get back down to where I was when I got married. It's just so hard to get motivation.

I'm back on Atkins and am down 7.5 pounds from my starting weight of 167.5 (I managed to lose weight before because I got sick). I've already had two very bad episodes of cheating and 2 binges on pistachio nuts. I've been back on track since Tuesday and I already feel better.

I do have questions regarding low carb products. What is your opinion on them? Can you lose weight using some of the low carb products? I know I have to stay away from the ice creams. It causes me to get all my cravings back. But what about some of the breads and shakes? What are you experiences with them?

Thanks!
Purvi

Jr8Fan
Fri, Sep-30-05, 11:43
You can lose on lc products but they can stall people. I do better if I stick with foods that are not processed. I stall with the processed products. However, we are all different. They are not allowed on induction.

Good luck and welcome to the boards!!

(Marriage really plumped me up too!) :lol:

zorra_1
Sat, Oct-01-05, 13:47
I have tons of Low carb products around the house because they were being discontinued but I rarely use them (muffin mixes, shakes, etc.). I think it's best to use these in emergencies if at all. I would do Induction as "clean" and by the book as possible. Good Luck!