PDA

View Full Version : First Day Here!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SandraM
Fri, Sep-30-05, 08:55
Hi,
This is my first day here. I have been on the low carb diet for almost three weeks. The first week, I lost 3 pounds. Since then, only 3 more pounds, so, a total of 6 pounds. I am sort of disappointed, was hoping for quicker weight loss. I have totally cut out sugar, pasta, and bread, and am drinking diet soda. Is there anything else I need to do to speed this up. I am in ketosis, in the mid range on the scale, does this mean I am burning calories? :help:

My starting weight was 175, I am 169 now. Hoping to weigh 135 in the near future.

mama22boys
Fri, Sep-30-05, 09:24
Although it may not feel like it to you, you really do not have that much to lose and so you will probably lose 'slower' than those with more to lose. Losing 6 pounds in the first few weeks is actually pretty good. There is usually a stall in weight loss around the 3 week marker while your body is readjusting. Just prepare yourself for that if you have not already and you will be losing again shortly. Be patient. The slower and more steadily you lose the less volatile your weight loss and the more likely you are to keep it off in the long run.

EMKAY 53
Fri, Sep-30-05, 09:25
I have found that a clean induction helps loads. Avoid the sodas for a while.

Leanna