PDA

View Full Version : Help

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

amixson
Thu, Sep-29-05, 08:57
Well I'm back again......I signed on in the spring and tried to start my diet once again, but I did not stick it out. I'm starting over as of 9/10/05. I'm going to Curves for women 3 times a week and doing the Atkins/Curves Diet.
I'm really down today, the scales just are not moving!!!! I've done Atkins in the past and had lots of success (30 lbs) . This time the weight is not coming off as quickl :help: y!!!! I'm coming up on 1 month and I'm only down 4 lbs so far. I expected more!!! I'm not giving up this time. I've even posted my fat picture in the before gallery. I need support!!!! Any advice is greatly needed. I'm wondering if I've screwed up my metablism with all the yo-yo deiting????

:help:

Jr8Fan
Thu, Sep-29-05, 09:07
How about posting a sample menu, any meds, and maybe someone will have some advice.

Welcome back, by the way. I, personally, don't worry about how slow it is going, just as long as it is going.

One suggestion from your post. I find it better to think of this as a Way of Life instead of a diet. No diet ever works because we stop them and return to old, unhealthy ways. Diet implies temporary. This is meant to be a way of life.

amixson
Thu, Sep-29-05, 11:14
OK ....Here's a sample menu:

Breakfast - Usually I will have only one of the following:
cottage cheese w/ strawberries
2 sausage patties
Carb Control Yougart

Lunch:
1 meat
small salad
or
Big Chef Salad

Snack:
pickles
olives
cheese

Dinner:
1 meat
1 vegtable (low carb)
small side salad

I drink plenty of water and aside from Curves 3 times a week I ride bikes with my kids 2 times a week

Meds: I have asthma so I take Advair & Provental daily
( actually I was not taking the Advair last time I was so sucessful on Atkins)

Jr8Fan
Thu, Sep-29-05, 11:58
That's not much food. Atkins works better if you eat a little more. Also, you might want to avoid fruits until you have lost more. A lot of people don't add the fruits until they are closer to goal because it will kick you out of ketosis. You need to be getting most of your carbs from low carb veggies. And eat more fat. Maybe add a few ounces of cream cheese....or some cheese or nuts. I think with more calories in the day, you will see the weight melt off. Atkins was never meant to be low calorie and keeping the calories low usually hinders weight loss.

Now, don't get me wrong, you don't want to eat 5,000 calories a day.