PDA

View Full Version : What is refeed??

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Long2BThin
Wed, Sep-28-05, 10:12
I've heard several people say that they are going to try "refeed". But I have no clue what this is. Can someone explain it to me? (Sorry, newbie here. hehe)

Morris Day
Wed, Sep-28-05, 10:59
In therory it's when you have a leagale cheat day. After 6 weeks or so your body gets used to the amount of food it's running on in terms of caloric values. SO if every once in a while you throw your body for a loop by giving it something new.

Lessara
Wed, Sep-28-05, 11:00
Do you want to through your body into a loop??

Long2BThin
Wed, Sep-28-05, 12:38
lol...a loop?? Not sure about that. But the whole idea of a refeed does make sense. Sort of like playing a little trick on your metabolizm. I get it. Thanks. I'll keep this in mind.

Jr8Fan
Wed, Sep-28-05, 13:50
I don't refeed. Once I introduce higher carb items, I tend to not stop until I have gained a lot of weight. It is better for me to just hang in there until the scale gives up.

zorra_1
Wed, Sep-28-05, 20:28
Early on, I noticed weight loss after a re-feed. Now, weight gain!