PDA

View Full Version : n00b :)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lost
Tue, Sep-27-05, 03:21
Hey Everyone!
My name is Vickie, I am a 23 year old mother of one.
At the moment I am a full time domestic goddess :lol: but I intend to return to work when my little boy starts school.
I registered yesterday, a good friend recommended this site to me, and it's just as good as he said it was!! The way everyone supports each other is really great and seeing members' before and after photo's is a real inspiration. :)
I'm due to start Atkins on Monday (eek!) feeling apprehensive but optimistic. I've armed myself with an Atkins cookbook and ketone test strips so, I think I'm almost ready! :Party:

foxgluvs
Tue, Sep-27-05, 03:26
Hey :) Another Brit over here, and yet another domestic goddess with twins who are 3 (how they ever got to being three I will never know, they are little monsters!!) anyway, just wanted to stop by to say hello and I hope you do very well with Atkins!! It's a great way of life and eating and I'm sure you'll do really well :)
Come by my journal sometime, it'd be nice to get to know you!
xx

Lost
Tue, Sep-27-05, 04:39
Thanks Foxgluvs, I will pop by.
Also, do you know which (if any) shops stock low carb stuff? Do any of the supermarkets carry it? or is it just health shops like Holland and Barret? I shop weekly at Morrisons at the moment, but they don't seem to have much in the way of low carb options.

Annabel33
Tue, Sep-27-05, 04:59
Hi Lost ...
Mother of three here ... one three year old boy, two older girls and in the UK, of course!

Welcome!

Tesco stocks quite a good range of low carb stuff, as does Sainsbury's, but you won't need any of that food for the first two weeks.
Just protein, salads/veggies and some good dressing... Double cream in your coffee...butter in your scrambled eggs.
Don't eat bacon with nitrates in it (so I found out today) and eat healthily!
You'll love it.

Best of luck and pop by MY journal too :agree: ... With Foxgluvs, you've got 70 pages to catch up on ... Mine's much lighter reading .... :lol: :lol: :lol:
(Only joking FG!)

Have fun!

Jr8Fan
Tue, Sep-27-05, 05:56
Hello and welcome!

Lost
Tue, Sep-27-05, 05:58
Thanks Annabel and Jr8Fan
Annabel - I'll check out Tesco's after induction, and I'll pop along to your journal too when I get chance - there's so much reading on this site,lol but it's a wonderful resource!

foxgluvs
Tue, Oct-04-05, 11:57
Helloooo!! yes sorry I didn't get back to you :) I found LC products in Tescos & sainsburies and Asda, but I'm really frightened they're starting to phase them out....WHY????? When so many people are obviously still doing this LC thing I can't understand why they don't keep the LC products going! *sigh*
Anyway, hoep you're doing well and having a good week :)

foxgluvs
Tue, Oct-04-05, 11:58
Best of luck and pop by MY journal too :agree: ... With Foxgluvs, you've got 70 pages to catch up on ... Mine's much lighter reading .... :lol: :lol: :lol:
(Only joking FG!)

:lol::lol: Oi you, stop poaching my newbies!!!! :lol:

Annabel33
Wed, Oct-05-05, 02:51
<tee hee hee>
:D