PDA

View Full Version : Coconut milk v.s. oil

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MrMoose
Mon, Sep-26-05, 23:30
I have read some of the threads on coconut oil with interest. I happen to have a can of Thai coconut milk on hand that I have never gotten around to trying and I was wondering if the milk would contain a significant amount of the oils... enough to have any benefits when used in cooking.

mike

Rheneas
Tue, Sep-27-05, 08:51
About 10oz of the milk should give you a daily dose of oils, that's a lot of milk to be buying and may work out more expensive than the oil. Use the milk in coffee or in a protein shake. Try another forum lowcarbfriends.com and find Team Coconut on the Low Carb Challenges section. What they don't know about coconuts isn't worth knowing. No disrespect to this forum intended, just passing on another source of information.

BKM
Tue, Sep-27-05, 08:59
Coconut milk/cream works well in curries, particularly curries that have shredded coconut added....

zorra_1
Tue, Sep-27-05, 12:30
I used to make this great pudding with coconut milk...coconut milk, cream, artificial sweetner and coconut extract. Just boil it down a bit until it thickens. Yummy!

Pitclerk
Tue, Sep-27-05, 14:29
Oh golly... have GOT to try the coconut pudding described above!!! Perhaps with a handful of unsweetened coconut tossed in at the last????
(Can you say YUM???)

Gailew
Wed, Sep-28-05, 15:43
I've been mixing 2 eggs, one can coconut milk, 1/4 cup sugar free caramel syrup and a tsp. vanilla. I whisk it in a double boiler over med heat until thick and hot. It makes a great pudding.