PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and Salutations Ya'll

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

raeanha
Mon, Sep-26-05, 22:52
Hello from the great state of Texas.
:wave:

I was tickled to find this place while doing a simple space bar search, trying to figure out how comsuming alcohol would affect my regimine. I've not had a chance to look around yet, but it seems like a great spot to be! I'm 35 pounds down what will be a very long road for me, so I'm grateful for any and all help.

Jr8Fan
Tue, Sep-27-05, 05:58
Welcome to the boards! How is the storm recovery going down there?

About the alcohol, everybody is different. Alcohol stalls me so I try to only consume it on rare occasions.

Come back and see us often!

tripletmom
Tue, Sep-27-05, 14:47
Howdy Texas, from the North :)

I drink red wine during the week, and give myself a treat and have a beer on the weekends. My husband and I, along with some close friends, brew our own beer and wine, so we always have copious amounts at home :)

It all depends on if it makes you stop losing... plus, if you are a moderate drinker, and enjoy it, you shouldn't have to take it out of your diet all together... maybe just 1-2x/week?

Just a thought :) Best of luck, come and see me at my journal if you'd like, looks like we started losing at around the same weight (giving me an additional 5.5 pounds)

Karen

raeanha
Tue, Sep-27-05, 20:24
Thanks for the warm welcome!
We feel very lucky regarding Rita, Donna. I only saw some wind and restaurants packed full of families. I"ve more or less developed a plan re: alcohol. As a general rule, if I want a lil glass of wine with supper now or then that's fine... but I do occasionally like to pull out all the stops, and right now, I still plan to now and then. Fortunately, I have always prefered dryer drinks like martinis over the sweet ones, so no sacrifice there!
I"m still trying to figure out the stats and codes and such, but am very interested to see your journal Karen. thanks!

pdxcutie
Wed, Sep-28-05, 03:27
Welcome to the forum:wave:

foxgluvs
Wed, Sep-28-05, 03:47
Hiya, I limit my consumption to about 2 or 3 glasses of red wine on the weekend. I do find that because my body burns the alcohol before fat, I do gain a little water weight whenever I have it, but if you're sensible and don't drink it every day then it should be ok.
Good luck with your remaining weight loss.