PDA

View Full Version : Hello to other low carbers

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

caroldiff
Fri, Sep-23-05, 12:49
I have been doing Atkins combining some Heller and my own version for about 5 years. There have been crisis time where I have had some weight gain but I have never gone back to my previous weight. I try to lose between 5 to 10 pounds per year and then spend the summer stablizing and enjoying some fruit. This has been successful for me. Unfortunately for the first time I have had a rise in cholesterol and HDL which probably would have been worse if not for my diet. I have added flax. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

JaneDough
Fri, Sep-23-05, 15:06
Someone much smarter than I will come along and answer the cholesterol question, but I wanted to welcome you to the forum and congratulate you on your awesome success. You should be very proud of what you've accomplished. :)