PDA

View Full Version : Modern Baby Books: Full of Bad Advice

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Dodger
Wed, Sep-21-05, 19:28
http://www.westonaprice.org/children/babybooks.html

I did not see that this interesting article from the Weston Price Foundation had been posted before.

tigersue
Thu, Sep-22-05, 10:56
It is a very interesting article, thanks for posting.
Tanya

ysabella
Thu, Sep-22-05, 11:52
Thanks Dodger.

I do think I need to eat more protein; I was having some trouble eating meat for a while. It all tasted kind of liver-like to me (and I really don't like liver).
I had some shellfish, though! Mmmm, mussels. One of the greatest foods on earth.

ThedaBara
Thu, Sep-29-05, 19:26
What a great article. I have one of the books she used, and although I ignore the nutritional advice (all low fat all the time), I wanted to return the book when the authors took it upon themselves to denounce all low carb ways of eating as unhealthy. In a book about pregnancy I do not need advice on how to eat otherwise! How do these authors explain healthy eskimo or inuit babies?
Jenny