PDA

View Full Version : Hi all! I envisage just one problem ...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Gwydion
Wed, Sep-21-05, 09:26
I finished reading the Atkins book today, I ordered Ketostix today, I made up my mind I was going to start doing it today and I joined this forum today. Everything is in place to do it! And I believe I can do it ...

...But: I don't see the rationale of zero alcohol in the induction. I'm not alcoholic, but I am alcohol-dependent. It's only a slight dependency - I take a large (50ml) whisky (zero carbs) as a nightcap. I will find it difficult not to. Okay, I'd be better off without it, and reading between the lines I think that's why Dr Atkins specifies it - rather than as a weight-loss/ketosis thing. Yes, I know there are about 100 cals there, but they ain't carb cals, so can someone explain to me just how important the elimination of just 100cals of carb-free pleasure is to the induction?

I really would be grateful for an answer to this. hic!

TIA Gwydion

taranq1
Wed, Sep-21-05, 10:51
I don't think one nightcap will destroy your weight loss efforts..slow it down, maybe? I won't lecture you on avoiding the alcohol during induction..if you have to have the nightcap..then have it. You will still lose weight. I drink my vodka/diet and haven't had any problems losing..although I think I would probably lose faster if I didn't drink!

Tara

Luzyanna
Thu, Sep-22-05, 11:52
I've read that any alcohol in induction halts your weight loss. Your body burns the alcohol as fuel and still gives positive results on your ketostix but you don't lose any weight until all the alcohol is out of your body.