PDA

View Full Version : Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Long2BThin
Wed, Sep-21-05, 09:15
Hello everyone. I'm new here, and today is my first day trying Low-Carb. I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Christina. I'm 31 years old. I'm the mother of a 14 month old boy who is my everything. :) I decided to try Low-Carb dieting as a means to lose weight from my pregnancy. Prior to getting pregnant, I was already over-weight, weighing in at a whopping 194 on a 5'4" frame. On the day I gave birth, I weighed 246lb. And today, I'm still hanging arround at 224lb. This is not me. I feel like a totally different person being this big. I mean, I've never been what you would call "Skinny". Even in my teens, I was about a size 10 and weighed between 125 - 135lb. But as I got older, I just started packing on the weight. Now at 224, I feel like I need to get control of my life again. I'm tired of food ruling my life. I want to be in charge! There's a group of us here at my job that decided to start this diet together. I really think that the added support is going to help me be able to stick to it, and FINALLY reach my goal.
I want to start a food journal. I think it will help me stay on track.

Any advice you have for this newbie would be greatly appreciated!

My Long-Term Goal is to get down to below 145lb. I feel most comfortable at this weight.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone here, and discovering my "Thinner Inner Self". :)

Christina

soon2bme
Wed, Sep-21-05, 11:22
Hi Christina. I'm just starting too. I have a 17 year old son who is graduating high school this year. The time flies with our kids!!!!! I'm 5'5" and I gained 65 pounds with my son......I was around 200 when I had him. I lost 85 pounds in the year after I gave birth and felt great, but I started slacking on exercise and diet, etc. and gained it back over the years. I'm 172 now. I've lost weight over the years (and gained LOL) using all different diet methods/diet pills, but I find that eating low carb really helps me eat better because I eat more protein, vegetables, and less sugar and after the first week or two..I have more energy. My problem is staying focused until goal. Let's hang in this together and in a few weeks we should be amazed at how we look and feel.

Take care, Sandy

hollabell
Wed, Sep-21-05, 11:36
hi christina and sandy! my name is Holly this is my first day on lo carb, i did it before and i lost 35 pounds but now i managed to gain 50 back. I am 5'7 and i weigh205[nice small number]lol, seriously this really sucks being fat and i am determined to lose and keep it off this time, i have 2 kids ages 15 and 10 so i cant use the excuse that i just had a baby..I dont know how you feel but i dont even want to leave my house anymore because i feel so hideous. I broke up with my boyfriend because i dont want to go anywhere with him anymore, i have no clothes that fit and i hate the thought of buying any looking like this, i went from size 9 to 18/20 sometimes even a 22. well, maybe we can all help each other out, its so hard doing it alone . well, keep in touch if you want to im me my screen name is holliberri0409. talk to ya later!! Holly

soon2bme
Wed, Sep-21-05, 11:52
Hi Holly!!! We can do this!!!! We just have to determine that getting the weight off once and for all and feeling good is the most important thing we can do for ourselves.....which is also better for our kids. I feel like there is nothing in my life that I cannot do once I put my mind to it, but for some reason losing weight is my struggle. At any rate, LCing is in my (our) control. I cannot stand most of the clothes in my closest and I'm tired of going to the mall and buying earrings or nail polish because they are the only things that "fit." LOL I want a new body and clothes to match dangit!!!

Maybe you, Christina, and I could check in with each other each day or every other day to give each other encouragement? What do you girls think?

Sandy

hollabell
Wed, Sep-21-05, 12:04
ok sandy, i think that sounds like a good idea. I know that if i put my mind to this i can do it and once i get started i will help to keep you motivated too. i am gonna get going and go for a walk with my dogs, i will check in later or tomorow night, take care and when you feel like eating something bad have a sugarfree jello with whipped cream.

Long2BThin
Wed, Sep-21-05, 12:32
Holly & Sandy...

That sounds like a great plan to me! I think I'm gonna need all the help & support I can get not to cheat! It's only been 1 day, and already I'm leaning over the side of my cubicle here at work trying to get a glimpse of what my co-worker is eating that smells so dang GOOD! I think it's a chilli cheese dog! :eek:

Anyway, I like the idea of checking in with each other every day. It will keep me accountable. I know EXACTLY how you feel about the clothes thing. I look like a big ol' cow in practically everything I own, and like you said, I hate even leaving the house. I pretty much just go to work, and come home. And I used to be such a fun person! Ok girls....we can do this!

soon2bme
Wed, Sep-21-05, 13:53
Hi Christina...step away from the co-worker's food....LOL. I am starting tomorrow, so I'm eating Reese's peanut butter cup her at work and looking at the nutritional info, it has 23 carbs, which is about how many carbs I want to eat in a whole day!!!! I hope my sugar withdrawals aren't too bad :lol:

I'll check in with you and Holly tomorrow. Should we post in this forum or in the Atkins forum?

Sandy

Long2BThin
Wed, Sep-21-05, 13:59
I guess we could post in the Atkins support forum. Is that cool?
Lets also include in our posts what we eat each day....this way we can give each other menu tips & stuff. :)