PDA

View Full Version : Am I strange ??

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sadair
Tue, Sep-20-05, 01:15
Into my 5th week now. Total weight loss has been 11lbs but in the last 2 weeks I've only lost 2 lb. This despite keeping carbs down to 15-20g per day max, 1 hr of exercise per night and swimming twice a week.

Is this normal ???
:q:

bsheets
Tue, Sep-20-05, 01:36
Into my 5th week now. Total weight loss has been 11lbs but in the last 2 weeks I've only lost 2 lb. This despite keeping carbs down to 15-20g per day max, 1 hr of exercise per night and swimming twice a week.

Is this normal ???
:q:
We'd probably need to see a week or two of your typical diet to help understand what's going on. A likely cause may be that you're not getting enough calories and your body may be going into 'starvation mode'. Please provide a typical diet for assessment. :cool:

e

KoKo
Tue, Sep-20-05, 04:22
No, you're not strange at all. I'ts perfectly normal for some people to have large losses in the first week or two (a lot of that initial loss is water) and then after that it slows down to REAL weight loss at a more normal rate. Believe me, in a few months you will be THRILLED with a one pound a week loss. People seem to think that Atkins or Low Carb is more magic than any other plan, it is not - you don't lose any faster than on any other plan - except for the first few days.

A likely cause may be that you're not getting enough calories and your body may be going into 'starvation mode'.

um - sorry I have to disagree with that. Starvation mode - gets FAR to much credit for people not losing weight. Usually it's the other way around - too many calories consumed. Carbs are not the only thing to be considered in weight loss. It also takes QUITE a while to go into "starvation mode".

You're doing great with your exercise though, have you measured? You might find you've lost far more inches than your pounds lost would lead you to believe. Keep on keeping on though - even if it's slow, it's much better than going no where at all :thup: