PDA

View Full Version : Wow I am going to need you guys!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Luzyanna
Tue, Sep-20-05, 00:00
:wave:
I'm 38, married and a SAHM with 2 young children that keep me very busy. I think having my children so late in life has really caused my metabolism to crash so I am trying to jumpstart it with Atkins and lose down to what I was before I had my first child. I just started Atkins a little over a week ago after years of counting calories which hasn't been working. It is so hard to unlearn the old and learn the new but I am trying. I look forward to getting to know you all and learn from all the knowledge - both good and bad.

HUGS!

foxgluvs
Tue, Sep-20-05, 00:15
Hello!
Welcome to the forum!!
I have two kids too (twin girls who are 3) and I know what you mean about having to learn a completely new mindset over low carbing....we have low fat drummed into us so much all our lives, that when someone says - here you can eat this cheese or fried breakfast, we think, ohhhhh my goodness - surely not!!

I have been LCing for 18 months now, lost 70lbs so i'm proof that it does work!!

Wishing you all the very best of luck with your weight loss!!
Hazel xx