PDA

View Full Version : Not losing, what's wrong?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

smithtl
Fri, Nov-30-01, 16:34
OK. I thought I knew this program. Went on it years ago and dropped 20 lbs in a month. Now I am 51. Have been 'peeing purple' and drinking scotch and sodas. Still don't lose. What's up? Do calories count on this? Never thought so but maybe they do. Help!

Natrushka
Fri, Nov-30-01, 17:25
Originally posted by smithtl
Have been 'peeing purple' and drinking scotch and sodas.

Welcome to the forum and back to LCing!

Smithtl, alcohol is turned into ketones by your body no matter what way you're eating. Your 'peeing purple' could just be the effect of the alcohol ketones in your system.

Calories do count; but probably not the way you meant ;) It is important to eat enough of them. Restricted calorie and low carb dont work well together. It's necessary that you eat enough to fulfill basic metabolic functions; only then will your body decide it can trust what you're doing and start letting go of the fat and the water.

Perhaps a few samples of what you're been eating on a daily basis would help us better advise you. (include quantities as well please :))

Nat