PDA

View Full Version : At Last!!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pegm
Fri, Nov-30-01, 12:18
I finally broke another very long stall! I had actuall been retaining water and was up from 209 to 211 for a couple of days -- then this morning -- 205! Now my goal is to break 200 before Christmas. But if I don't, well, there's always next month.

This support group is what kept me going to reach this point. Without all of your advice and support, I believe that I would have given up. It's because of this forum that I understand that I am doing this for life, for my health, and it is a life-long committment and I should not give up just because I don't drop a dress size in a week.

Thank all of you for the wonderful encouragement.

Susan19
Fri, Nov-30-01, 12:50
Peg, that is so so great! I am super happy for you! I personally am still working on my 3 pound gain from thanksgiving carb nightmare and TOM...but, 2 pounds down, and your post gave me some inspiration!!
Keep it up...
Susan

Natrushka
Fri, Nov-30-01, 13:37
:thup: Peg. So what did you do to break your stall?

Nat

pegm
Fri, Nov-30-01, 15:57
I don't honestly know why the stall broke. The only thing I did differently was something really bad -- I missed a few exercise sessions! I'm sure that's not the reason I broke the stall (in fact, maybe I would have even lost more if I had been keeping up with the exercises).

That seems to be the way I've been losing weight all along -- I stay the same for a long period of time, then suddenly a few pounds go. Guess why it happens will remain a mystery for now, but one that I hope will repeat itself!

KarenB
Sun, Dec-09-01, 13:35
Believe me, I know how upsetting those stalls are! Just check my journal entries when I began them, early November. You'll see.

Where are you in WI? There are at least three others here, including myself--two of us are in the SE section of the state, I'm not sure about the third. It'd be fun to get together for coffee or tea or diet sodas--or even WATER! :D

Atriana
Sun, Dec-09-01, 14:23
Way to go! It always feels good to finally see those numbers go down.

coquina
Sun, Dec-09-01, 14:47
Peg -- Isn't it a great feeling? :D I get to join you today. I finally got on the scales and saw another pound melt away after two long weeks.

Coquina

pegm
Mon, Dec-10-01, 07:12
I'm further north -- in Eau Claire. We might get down towards Madison in the summer -- we would like to take our 8 year old to see the Capitol and maybe a museum or something. Any suggestions as to what else might be interesting for an eight year old in the sourthern part of the state?

jverhale
Mon, Dec-10-01, 13:57
Hi - Pegm & KarenB;
I'm from Wisconsin too - Muskego - suburb of Milwaukee. Pegm, if you haven't been to the Museum in Milwaukee or the Zoo those are where I'd start for an 8 year old. The Milwaukee County Domes are interesting too and all not expensive.