PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Yohoney
Thu, Sep-15-05, 16:52
I'm new to the forum but not new to low carb. I was first introduced to Atkins in 1998 and through the years have used it to lose 20-40 pounds at a time and have always gained it back plus more. I'm now at my highest weight of 265 and need to make this a lifestyle change so the pounds stay off. I know this WOE works, I just have to stick with it. I'm looking forward to making lots of new friends here. Saturday will be my start day.

Yohoney

JaneDough
Thu, Sep-15-05, 18:39
It's like kissing a lover goodbye, ain't it? :lol: Enjoy the heck outta the rest of the work week; Saturday is always a good time to take a deep breath, take stock of things, and start anew. Looking forward to reading your contributions around here. :)

Diane4
Thu, Sep-15-05, 20:03
:wave: Hi and Welcome!!! Wishing you lots of success in your low carb journey!
Diane :daizy:

jeannnette
Thu, Sep-15-05, 23:16
Welcome to the forum.

Good luck

Yohoney
Fri, Sep-16-05, 12:05
It's like kissing a lover goodbye, ain't it?

:lol: You got that right! Haha

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! :)

Kikib1028
Fri, Sep-16-05, 20:00
Welcome to the forums! Congrats on finding your new mind-set. I wish you much luck on your low-carb lifestyle.

burchets
Fri, Sep-16-05, 20:11
WELCOME
I'm doing the same thing. I'm at my highest weight ever and deciding it is time to go back to low carb. The forum here makes it a much easier process. Good luck!!!!!

Yohoney
Sat, Sep-17-05, 06:17
Thank you Burchets!

lisabond
Sat, Sep-17-05, 07:39
Hi, Yohoney :)

Low carb has worked for me in so many ways other low _____ ways of eating...but you know that already!

And it is a life style change at least for me, becaue I cannot tolerate refined carbs or alcohol (though I still push those boundries with bad results), and I know if I were to splurge on a regular dessert, not a low carb one, I would be so terribly sick. So after a year+ on low carb has more or less forced me into eating low carb. Which I guess is a good thing.

So, welcome to the forums. I had been doing LC for quite some time before I found these forums, and it has really been a much needed boost!