PDA

View Full Version : New and need help

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

trainee
Thu, Sep-15-05, 13:22
Hi! I'm 36 y.o and called a recruiter for the national guard (on
tuesday sept.13)he is coming to my house on tuesday the 20th.
my weight was 233-234( the scale shakes) I thought I would just start on my own and eat protein food that i had already in the house, then get a book later (okay, i know not the brightest thing to do). I baked 3 chicken breast with seasoning, I had one at 10:30 am, then at 1:30pm and the last one not until 8pm(i dont usually eat that late but it was an unusual circumstance). the next day i felt really sick and had a pounding headache. I have done the Atkins induction before and didnt feel this way until may the 4th or 5th day. I had eaten cheese and vegetables when i started before but i didnt think the first day would matter. That second day I weighed, it was 230lbs. Because i wasnt feeling good and running late I only grabbed a bottle of water. I was nauseous so I didnt try to eat anything until about 2pm when I got home, I had 2 scrambled eggs and 2 pieces of bacon. I was sick the rest of the day, I had a fever and it broke about 10:30pm. today when i weighed ( my third day it read 225-226 lbs. not healthy i know, but now i dont want to gain that weight back. Its 2:19 and I havent eaten anything yet,im starting to feel like i could et something. what should the first thing be?? I have been drinking lots of water. thanks for any help. -trainee

niaha
Thu, Sep-15-05, 13:50
Welcome trainee...I"m sure how to answer what your asking perhaps you picked up some bug...sometimes a ton of water do not really add up to the amount you should be drinking. You said you have done atkins before ....then you should have the basics down...or maybe I just miss read what you said...best of luck

Firedancer
Thu, Sep-15-05, 16:21
Trainee ~

I am not certain either what is going on, maybe you should see a doctor! You certainlly are not eating enough, the water is good though. I know some people have what is referred to as the "atkins flu" but I do not really know what encompasses that. Sorry !

Kimberly

JaneDough
Thu, Sep-15-05, 17:07
Sorry, but there is no magic answer to the question of what you can eat to prevent the scale from moving up, especially after getting so sick.

Look - please take care of yourself, because you sound like you're willing to capsize your entire life to lose a few pounds before the recruiter's visit. If you're too weak from hunger to get up and let him in, your interview might not go too well.

zorra_1
Thu, Sep-15-05, 19:04
You may be scared to gain weight, but can you really continue to eat so little and expect to be OK? I would recommend deciding on a plan (see PLANS at the top of this forum-on the green line) and following it as written. When I have too few carbs, I get dizzy and nauseous. I would try to have as many carbs from veggies that your plan allows. I'm not sure whether or not you will regain a few of those pounds, but if you do it should only be temporary. Good Luck :wave:

jeannnette
Fri, Sep-16-05, 08:56
welcome and good luck