PDA

View Full Version : Pork Roast with Sour Cream Mushroom Sauce

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

spatzei
Fri, Nov-30-01, 07:30
Hi all!

Made this last night and was great!! Sure you could do with Pork Tenderloin also.

Seasoned pork roast with garlic and seasonings....baked at 350 degrees covered until temperature of the meat was 150. Bake then uncovered until temperature of meat is 180. Turned out SO yummy!! :yum:

In the meantime, I sauteed a bunch of mushrooms (love mushrooms) in butter and then added about 1 cup, maybe a bit more to the mushrooms and butter. Add desired seasonings and you have a great cream sauce for your pork!

Cheers! :dazzle:
deb

alto
Fri, Nov-30-01, 09:18
That sounds wonderful -- thank you. I was just heading out to the store, and I think I'll make this my New Recipe of the Week!

spatzei
Fri, Nov-30-01, 09:56
Alto, I really know you will enjoy this! The leftovers are awesome too! Can't wait for lunch... :yum:

Cheers! :wave:
deb

Marlaine
Fri, Nov-30-01, 22:56
That sounds so delicious!!

Since I'm not a big pork fan I'm going to try your sauce with beef tenderloin. Yummmmm....I can hardly wait!

Thanks for the idea.

Maraline