PDA

View Full Version : Trouble moving into phase 2

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

borntodiet
Wed, Sep-14-05, 12:53
Hi all, I first started South Beach in February, and lost about 7.5 pounds the first 2 weeks. I did really well limiting all the "don't" foods, but once I started phase 2 I went crazy with the carbs. Needless to say I gained all my weight back. I have a terrible time with carbs, it seems like one bite and I'm lost. Does anyone have any tips on adding carbs the right way? I don't want to blow it again this time. Thanks for your help!
Cheryl

athensmom
Wed, Sep-14-05, 15:56
Hi all, I first started South Beach in February, and lost about 7.5 pounds the first 2 weeks. I did really well limiting all the "don't" foods, but once I started phase 2 I went crazy with the carbs. Needless to say I gained all my weight back. I have a terrible time with carbs, it seems like one bite and I'm lost. Does anyone have any tips on adding carbs the right way? I don't want to blow it again this time. Thanks for your help!
Cheryl

I have heard/read that it is sometimes better to eat carbs in the morning rather than night (so if you eat fruit eat it for breakfast). Although fruit is great for you, it may be better for you personally to limit it to a few times a week.

I got a south beach e-mail that said that to limit the insulin spikes with carbs, be sure you are eating them with fat or fiber (i.e., whole grain bread with a little olive oil, whole fruits instead of juice, etc.)

Hope this helps.