PDA

View Full Version : Water Question

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

subblue
Tue, Sep-13-05, 17:45
Im new to dieting and excerising so i have a question.

I know water is better for you than soda and stuff

but is water good for you. Like

Say you drunk (just for instance) 40 gallons of water.

Would that be EXTREMELY good for you , or is that just bad for you.

Like say I normaly drink four cups of water a day
Would it be even better and quicker weight loss if I drunk 10 a day?

Just curious.

Thanks
-subblue

athensmom
Tue, Sep-13-05, 20:17
40 gallons of water would be impossible to drink in a day.

I think 8-12 8 ounce glasses a day is a good goal.

tethgirl
Wed, Sep-14-05, 06:55
I angry with athensmom.

Also I am trying to drink as much as possible because it helps me to feel full and not overeating :)

klc145
Wed, Sep-14-05, 07:05
I think that drinking an enourmous amount of water can actually kill you too. But 40 gallons would be impossible. I try to stick with 64 ounces plus 8 for each 25 pounds to lose. So for me I drink about 80-96 ounces a day. Hope that helps! Katie

SugarFluff
Thu, Sep-15-05, 16:38
Everything in moderation, my dear.

While water is very good for you (helping flush out your system, increasing the vibrance of your skin/complexion, sating the cravings for water that we often mistake for hunger pangs, etc...) you need not overdo your consumption of it.

There is such a thing as too much water and yes, it can kill you. However, this is usually only a problem for athletes and the like who drink too much water too quickly and then do not expel it from their bodies (via urination).

I stick with about 1 gallon of water per day, as it is the amount at which my thirst is quenched and I feel good. If you're drinking so much water that you feel blogged down, etc. then step back a bit and if you're drinking so little water that you're thirsty or have a dry mouth frequently then increase your intake. Experts recommend 64 ounces per day, which is about a half of a gallon. At that rate you'll be well-hydrated and will probably notice a difference in the radiance of your skin. If you can drink a little more than that, great! It MAY help rid your body of some toxins and such, thus helping the weight drop off a little bit quicker. It might not though. Either way, water is good for you but remember that it, just like everything else in life, is usually best in moderation.

Hope that helps!