PDA

View Full Version : Far Along

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kandie726
Tue, Sep-13-05, 15:22
I'm new to Low Carb...I am an impatient person sorta...I wanted to know how far alond in Induction can you start to notice a slight loss???

MeBLady
Tue, Sep-13-05, 15:33
I'm new to Low Carb...I am an impatient person sorta...I wanted to know how far alond in Induction can you start to notice a slight loss???

Everybody's different, but my loss was immediate....I lost four pounds in the first two days, a total of 22 the first month. Then, it slowed down to 8-10 pounds every month thereafter.

Any "diet" geared toward weight loss is going to have its share of ups and downs, but if you want maximum health and weight loss benefits with LCing, stick to your plan and you won't be disappointed with your results :-)

Lori

SugarFluff
Thu, Sep-15-05, 16:39
I generally don't lose weight until my second day of induction. Other people, however, notice weight loss in the first four days. I know how much it sucks to have to wait it out, but be as patient as possible and your results will come when your body is ready to let them.

taranq1
Thu, Sep-15-05, 18:58
This was my 2nd time around with Adkins and I only lost 4lbs in 2 weeks. I guess it is different for everyone. Just be patient..I'm glad I was because the weight/inches are coming off...just taking their sweet time!

Tara

athensmom
Thu, Sep-15-05, 19:06
I lost 4 pounds in 4 days and nothing since. It may have something to do with the fact that I am in the process of weaning my baby so my breastmilk and hormones are still raging.

Atkins said somewhere, maybe in an interview, that he did not recommend nursing and Atkins even though he thought it was safe because weight loss would be "painfully slow."

I am counting on it speeding up as my milk disappears.