PDA

View Full Version : back again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

grits088
Tue, Sep-13-05, 06:47
I am back again. I had lost 30lbs on Adkins, but gained every bit of it back. I am starting again today. I have 120lbs to lose, but I am setting small goals, because the overall picture scares me right out of my will power. Anyone got any advice? I need all I can get. Thanks

JohnGibson
Tue, Sep-13-05, 08:52
I am in the same boat as you. Lost 40, then stopped and gained it back.

You have come to a good place to hang your hat, full of people who are on the same journey as you are.

John

WyoDiva
Tue, Sep-13-05, 09:45
Welcome back, grits! I have 130 lbs to lose - but have lost 42 of them!!! It's hard to think in terms of that HUGE amount of weight, but what has helped me is just to look at it 10 lb increments. I also simply approach this WOE one day at a time. You might consider joining one of the challenges on here; these give me a time period increment to work on, as well as a little extra support from the challenge participants.

Try not to think in terms of the 'whole enchilada'. If I have to think about losing that much weight, keeping it off for life, and eating this lifestyle for life, I'm too overwhelmed. As my mom used to say, 'break down the problem into manageable bits, and then take after one bit at a time.' Hang in there!!!! :wave:

Firedancer
Tue, Sep-13-05, 09:53
Welcome back. I wish you all the best on your weight loss journey. I have to lose about the same amount as you, I know that we can do it!

Kimberly
Firedancer
306/266/165
101lbs to go!!!!!
40LBS lost and gone forever!!!!!!!! Since 06/05

Laydebleu
Tue, Sep-13-05, 11:40
Greetins and welcome back!

Think about starting up a journal so that folks can come in and check up on you and post words of encourgement.

Check out the recipe sections here they are wonderful.

Good luck with your low carb way of eating.

niaha
Thu, Sep-15-05, 14:23
Welcome back grits ....sad to say I am in the same boat as you, I am also sure there alot of people. I fell off for a stupid choice and I regret it 100% I am struggling at getting back aboard.. So always remember there are people out there having the same issues.. I just hope I can stick and remain on the induction...I know the first time it took me 3 times before I finally made my will to remain strong...and I know I can do it again...I just need to find that will power again.

jeannnette
Fri, Sep-16-05, 09:06
Welcome and best wishes!

tethgirl
Fri, Sep-16-05, 09:21
Welcome back and happy LC :wave: