PDA

View Full Version : New and Confused

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

janieh
Mon, Sep-12-05, 16:45
:help: Hi everyone. Just starting here. I am confused though. Are the Atkins bars allowed on induction? Let me know. Here is what I ate today:

two hard boiled eggs
one low carb peanut butter cup
one Atkins bar

chicken
cheddar cheese
lettuce
dressing

two bison burgers
cheese
tone of water
feel free to comment

klc145
Mon, Sep-12-05, 16:52
I don't think that the bars are allowed on induction. Alot of people have mentioned that make them stall too. Also, I wouldn't trust the lc peanut butter cups too. Induction is about breaking the control food has with your body and eating clean. That is just my opinion others may have something else to say. Welcome to the board though and happy low carbing!!!

Dodger
Mon, Sep-12-05, 17:21
Janieh,

I have found it better to avoid the bars as much as possible. They are good for those times when you are hungry and other food items are not available.

You should add some vegetables to your meals. Broccolli, cauliflower, asparagus, cabbage, etc. are all low-carb and help round out a meal.

Firedancer
Mon, Sep-12-05, 20:22
Welcome to the forums. I wish you all the best in your weight loss successes.

In regards to the Atkins bars, use them only when you are in a fix and need that sweetness. I made the mistake of eating them everyday as a snack or meal replacement and I ended up not losing weight for 4 weeks. Then I found this forum and low and behold everyone told me that they may cause some people to stall. I still use them every now and then, especially when I am craving something sweet.

I wish you all the best.

Please feel free to stop by my journal and let me know how your are doing

Kimberly
Firedancer
306/267/165
102lbs to go!!
39lbs lost and gone forever

juelz4u
Mon, Sep-12-05, 22:18
Really you have to break the sweet cycle, bad food cycle during induction. You have to retrain your body to NOT need the bad foods. I eat an occasional bar now, to kick the cravings, or just for an easy breakfast. But I really think to make induction work, CUT THEM OUT!! Some taste too much like a naughty food and may cause cravings that you would not feel if you followed induction to the T!
Happy Low Carbing to you and best of luck too!!!
Juli

taranq1
Tue, Sep-13-05, 07:22
I'm no longer on induction, but I do have the bars when I'm scheduled to work. I try to have no more than 3 a week. I avoid the candy because I end up eating too much and then I have a serious upset stomach.

Good Luck!!

Tara