PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Fat Boy
Mon, Sep-05-05, 02:01
Hello everyone. I Found this forum a few weeks ago and have been lurking a bit. Been lo carbing now since about '97 off and on. A friend of mine told me if I cut out all carbs weight would melt off. He explained some of the sciencs and it seemed reasonable, so I did it and lost about 100 lbs in 9 months. I figure my starting weight was around 300 or so, I have no clue as I didn't weigh myself. I got a scale around 250 and lost about a pound every day or so until I hit 203 where I stalled for months.

So I slowly introduced carbs, and I was back to 250 in about 3 years. Had an accident and was laid up for a few months, then went back to school and did the starving student thing for a year. That kicked me up to 275. To finish it off started working 80 hour weeks at 3 jobs which brought me to 309!

While all this was going on I finally heard about Atkins, and read the book. Started a hundred times and never lasted more than a week. When I wasn't on it just about every monday was going to be the start of the "time that I did it" Never happened until about 18 months ago when I got down to 263 from 309 in about 4 or 5 months. Of course it wasn't a poud a day and I had some major stalls which was very discouraging. In retrospect I was doing very good! Anyway, I suppose it was a long stall and the good feeling being gone, I quit.

Back to starting for a day or two only to quit. every monday I was planning on starting and "doing it this time" Didn't happen.

So I started again July 5th and have lost olver 20 lbs. This time I am better informed and have some realistic goals. Thanks to this forum I have learned why I had problems in the past, and what I was doing wrong.

Anyway thats my story and I'm sticking to it!

Noura80
Mon, Sep-05-05, 02:27
Welcome to forum. I'm sure you'll gain alot of experience low-carbing just "lurking" around in here. Enjoy your time and welcome again!!

Laydebleu
Mon, Sep-05-05, 05:17
Lol... your story and your sticking to it huh?

Well welcome to the forums and good luck on your low carb journey! Starting a journal is a great way to get support and ideas from others here. There is a ton of information in them as well.

I wish you great success!