PDA

View Full Version : I'm back on...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

brwniidgrl
Fri, Sep-02-05, 21:04
Hi everyone! The end of last year 2004, I was doing Atkins diet, and losing very slowly, I found out I had hypoglycemia, and thought I had to eat carbs, and I gained back 25 lbs, when I had lost 15. I have decided to LC again, I'm not really doing Atkins, just LCing. I've been doing it for 5 days now, and I know I'm not supposed to weigh myself, but I've lost 5 lbs so far. I was on Paxil, and finally weened off of it, my Dr told me it would be much easier to lose weight if I got off the Paxil first, so we'll see how it goes... but I'm so afraid of falling again, and eating carbs, the more I eat higher carb foods, the more overweight I get, I know this is the only option for me. Does anyone else have anything similar going on? I also have PCOS, and different Drs tell me different things, like I have it because I'm overweight, even though I was diagnosed when I was still thin...
Anyway, I'm just blabbing on here, I would love to hear from you.

bevbme
Sat, Sep-03-05, 09:26
Good for you for recommiting yourself for your health.

The hypoglycemia should be more under control when you are on a lowcarb plan. You don't get those sugar spikes that make the crashes feel so bad. You can eat often through the day just make it protein snacks not sugars/carbs/