PDA

View Full Version : Amaranth flour

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

leykon
Thu, Sep-01-05, 17:43
Hi i am trying to find out anything about Amaranth Flour
don't know if it is good for low carbs or not .Am trying to fine a flour that is low in carbs for baking please help. thank you.Leykon

kidnj
Thu, Sep-01-05, 17:53
Amaranth flour is not specifically for low carb lifestyles. It's from an ancient grain and has no gluten. So it you're low carbing to escape gluten, it's a workable flour.
d.

JAnn
Sat, Sep-03-05, 17:14
The back of my pkg of amaranth flour says 1/4 cup =20 g carbs, no fiber.

Needless to say I do not use it since LCing!

leykon
Fri, Sep-09-05, 09:49
THANKS for the help,not using it will try a diff flour

Qmass
Fri, Sep-09-05, 12:50
Not sure what you are making, but almond flour is low carb and is good for baking low carb muffins, cakes, etc.

It is almonds that are ground up very fine. If you can't find it in a store and have a food processor, you can make your own.

leykon
Thu, Sep-15-05, 12:17
I use a lot of soy flour in my baking ,just was going to try something diff.
Does anyone know if ground oatmeal would work for oat flour .I have oatmeal in my pantry and don't want to go buy oat four until I try this recipe thanks