PDA

View Full Version : coffee39

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

coffee39
Sun, Aug-28-05, 09:25
I am on my 6th day of atkins and I find that I do not get hungry. Should I be eating anyway? I have read that you should have 5 or 6 mini meals a day but don't know if I should force myself to eat or just wait until I am hungry. (I also have a bit of the low carb flu so I am not sure if that is why I am not hungry).

I love this site and appreciate all the information and kindness everyone has shown.

superduper
Sun, Aug-28-05, 09:33
He says in his book you should have 3 normal meals and a snack or two,but he also says you can make you're meals smaller and have more of them throughout the day,just don't go more than 6 hours without eating.I also remember him saying you should snack even if you aren't hungry so you can get your vitanutrients.

And yeah I'm paraphrasing and trying to remember what exactly he said so it could be a little fuzzy.Lot of info in that book to soak in =S

zorra_1
Sun, Aug-28-05, 17:59
I get like this sometimes too. I usually will snack more so than eat a meal. I will make a few deviled eggs, a bite of tuna salad, or a veggie.

Alleine
Mon, Aug-29-05, 07:22
If you're hungry...eat. I try to keep my calories 10-12x my body weight. That is usually more than enough to satisfy me for the day.