PDA

View Full Version : Im new and don't know what I'm doing yet.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Havana
Sat, Aug-27-05, 20:41
Hello all. Allow me to introduce myself. I am a 33 year old mother of two. I had my kids quite young, and have never had a problem with weight. I used to eat what I want and when I wanted, but since I turned 30 I have been gaining ever since! I have never dieted. In fact, it is my husband who has always followed any fairly new diet fad and has always enjoyed his diet Coke or Pepsi. As for me, I like regular Coke or Pepsi and have a "fat tooth". I crave salty, fatty foods so the low-carb plans scared me for a long time. Something else has scared me more though,....ahem....20 extra pounds. I sweat all the time and have a sore back because of the weight. Geez. So! I am here to change my wretched eating habits.
Could anyone please tell me where I might find some helpful meal plans? I don't know what to eat! I tried a few sights before work this morning, and couldn't find anything. I had an egg and a cup of green tea....not bad...Is fruit ok? Are the natural sugars ok when starting the plan?
Let me know! ;)

NoBREAD
Sat, Aug-27-05, 21:15
Welcome to the forum Havana :wave:

You might start by reading Dr Adkins New Diet Revolution or any book on the plan that you are interested in such as South Beach. Different plans work in different ways and what may be right for one person may not be right for another.

Good luck and welcome again!!

MissScruff
Sat, Aug-27-05, 22:25
http://scruffykat.com/welcome001.gif

I have induction info for atkins in my gym log on page 1 if you want to see a bit of what atkins is like! You really do need to check the different programs out and decide which you think will suit you best!

jeannnette
Sat, Aug-27-05, 22:48
Hello Havana

I am on the South Beach Diet. If you are interesting in browsing around theres a terrific thread right here at the forum.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=250498&page=1&highlight=beach+babes
The first post to that thread is how to get started. I'm sure you'll find the plan that suits you best. Wishing you the best and hope to see you around.